Saturday, December 17, 2022

Feeding rabbits in winter

 I have noticed the hay is not lasting as long, as the days get shorter the rabbitts prepare for winter and are eating more for some extra weight. I don't add extra pellets but I do try to fill hayfeeder as much as I can.  As the foraging has gotton slim I do give my rabbits some types of lettuce (no head lettuce) and a few vegtable scraps.  When the teps drop I will add a few black oil sunflower seeds to the pellets.  But most of my feeding is generally the same.  I do throw in a few pine branches for variety. 

I hope you have a good winter and your rabbits stay safe and warm!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I just got my first Tennessee Redbacks last summer. Loving them already. Wanting to llear more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a easy breed to raise

      Delete
  2. I love mine, they are the n prettiest colors. Do you have yours in a colony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine are in a colony, and yes they vary in color/shades

      Delete