Thursday, April 7, 2022

Babies are doing well

There are 4 bunnies, they are all very active and healthy. They have stayed in the top of the hutch, but they do go to the opening at ramp and sit. I am expecting them to wander down in the next few days.  With this being the first litter I reached out to some facebook  raising rabbit pages to get advice about them being born in the top of hutch. 
I got some great advice. I suggest the Facebook page Raising Rabbits ..Naturally homestead.  I am still waiting conformation on 2 other pages that require confirmation for request to join.
So the advice I was given is to give feed and water where they are for now, until they integrate into the rest of the colony. I was told that they have babies go up and down ramp at a few weeks old. They are pretty tricky to get pictures of now our weather has been cold and rainy so I don't want to expose them with the hutch open too long.
But when I can I will post a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment